CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE AND CPD
This NutriWebinar is in the process of being endorsed for CPD by the BDA. Certificates of attendance along with Q&As will be provided to all attendees once they have viewed the live webinar.
Content and LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Key learning objective and outcomes
Clear understanding of:
- Key dietary modifications scientifically proven to improve serum cholesterol levels and risk of heart disease.
- The Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan© – UCLP©:
- The Scientific basis, core elements & projected impact on serum cholesterol levels.
- It’s unique flexibility and how to adapt to individual patient’s motivational levels.
- Effective doses of individual dietary components and what this means in practice.
- Motivational and goal setting behaviour change strategies for optimum dietary improvements.
BE AWARE OF:
- Trends and current status of hypercholesterolaemia and heart disease in the UK and Ireland.
- Economic and NHS implications of heart disease.
- Modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors.
- An overview of effective behaviour change strategies to optimise dietary improvements.
BE ABLE TO:
- Apply the UCLP© in a step by step manner.
- Access consumer and HCP resources.
Nutrition & Health Communications Specialist, Nutrilicious
A highly skilled and passionate dietitian with over 30 years’ experience including 10 years in the NHS. Before going freelance, Elphee worked as the in-house dietitian for various FMCGs including Alpro, Unilever & Yoplait -successfully executing healthcare and consumer wellness programmes – always ensuring the science was never misinterpreted. Her core expertise includes critiquing scientific research and interpreting findings into practical implications and meaningful public health messaging. She has produced various evidence-based scientific and consumer publications on health issues such as bone health, vitamin D, soya isoflavones, plant-based diets, child health and heart health including the Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan©.
Elphee is most proud to
- Have worked with the BDA dietetic team on the development of the recently launched One Blue Dot® project providing a scientific review of the evidence for sustainable diets and the nutritional implications for the UK public.
- Be one of the originators of the Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan© (UCLP©) alongside HEART UK and 6 other leading experts. She is also leading on the latest scientific review and update of the UCLP© due to be released this month.
Lynne Garton, Dietitian, HEART UK
Tanya Haffner, Dietitian, Nutrilicious
Register now and you can ask a question of any or all of the panellists, plus download helpful material during the broadcast.
THIS WEBINAR IS OPEN TO all PROFESSIONALS WORKING IN THE FIELD OF NUTRITION AND HEALTH.
Hot topics in food nutrition and health – supporting a healthy understanding of food.
Nutrilicious Dietitians and Registered Nutritionists for all health professionals and influencers.
About NutriWebinar These hour-long professional development webinars are free to attend. Learn about a broad range of hot topics in food nutrition and health from expert speakers. Sharing healthy evidence-based science and everyday practice NutriWebinar aims to help you keep up to date, share knowledge, insights and perspectives and separate fact from fiction and providing credible ideas to benefit your professional development and everyday work. Each Webinar is curated and moderated by an expert Dietitian or Registered Nutritionist and provides you with the opportunity of asking your questions to the expert speaker(s). Simply use the registration links below to register and attend. We look forward to you joining in. Once registered, you will receive three reminder emails – one a week before the webinar, one a day before and one on the day of the webinar. Each webinar is recorded – you will be sent a link to the recording approximately 48 hours after the event. The NutriWebinars are provided for professional education and debate. Those who attend the webinar will receive a certificate of attendance. NutriWebinars are not intended to be used by non-medically qualified individuals or as a substitute for, or basis for any medical treatment.
In association with HEART UK, The Cholesterol Charity @heartukcharity & the science & nutrition team at Alpro @Alpro
Over half of UK adults have raised cholesterol which can lead to heart disease
Together we can make things better
Alpro UK are committed to helping everyone to enjoy eating well for health & planet.
Alpro has dedicated web pages created for health professionals committed to plant-based sustainable resources NutriWebinar offers organisations and brands an opportunity to sponsor topics and assess the viewpoints of professionals about a selected topic within a moderated environment. If there is a topic that you would like to support please get in touch to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsorship of any NutriWebinar does not imply any endorsement of the brand by NutriWebinar, its organisers, its moderators or any participating healthcare professional, or their association. Sponsorship funds are reinvested into the creation and promotion of NutriWebinar.
Wish to be Featured in a NutriWebinar?
NutriWebinar guest experts span the nutrition and health and related universe encompassing diverse and relevant topics to all health professionals and influencers in food and health and across all health and business sectors.
Do you wish to be featured in a webinar or would you like to propose a guest expert?
Wish to sponsor a NutriWebinar?
NutriWebinar offers organisations and brands an opportunity to sponsor topics and assess the viewpoints of professionals about a selected topic within a moderated environment. If there is a topic that you would like to support please get in touch to discuss email@example.com.